Friday, June 10, 2011

First Times

Hey Everyone!

Even though I’ve lived in Thailand before I’ve had a lot of firsts while I’ve been here. First time I….1) ate a chili pepper in my meal (probably the most painful experience I’ve ever had in my mouth), 2) wash my under garments in the shower, our laundry lady does not do these so by the end of the summer I’m going to be an expert undergarment shower cleaner (but don’t ask me to do yours when I get back to America), 3) have been here without my parents, I love my parents dearly and I miss not having them here with me, 4) have used a calling card, I have memorized all the numbers on that dear calling card so that I can talk with my family and Tony, 5) have had a toilet in my house that does not flush, I have to use water from outside of the toilet to wash it down, it’s not as weird as it sounds, 6) have  led an English class daily at a university and at our home(I don’t know who said that I could teach English, whoever it was has never heard me speak), but despite that fact all of the students are very sweet and outgoing, 7) received a Thai name, a girl named Pat named me Som-O which means palmetto, I didn’t even know that was an English word, I have never heard of the word but apparently it’s a fruit, 8) probably have friends that know my name but I don’t know theirs, 9) have had Chai Yen (iced tea it was amazing), 10) lived with bats and had a rat in the kitchen, 11) lived on my own (I have never lived not in my parent’s house) with four other amazing Christ focused Georgia girls!, 12) that brings up another first, first time I’ve lived with Georgia girls, 13) have got to sit in on a summer missionary meeting and not have to go upstairs, (before when I was an MK Andy and I had to go upstairs and not get to listen in but now I’m a SM so I get to sit in on the meetings!) 14) have had crab (we went with some Thai students and they ordered peppered crab, it was really good!) 15) have lived in a 5-story apartment! (it’s a great home except for our mr. ratburn and bat buddies) There is probably a lot more but right now I can’t think of any so the adventure continues……

No comments:

Post a Comment