Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Airplane and Layover Food

So I’m sitting at the airport and already I had two things that were almost put a damper on my trip. First when I was checking in Tulsa the flight from Taipei to Bangkok was not available on United Airlines but fortunately they just did not have that flight in their system so it was okay. Then after I had gotten to LA I almost had a bad but not terrible incident. At the first stop I lost my wallet yes at the first stop. I know the drill make sure you have everything whenever you go anywhere. I was ordering at McDonalds and all I ordered was a coke. I had other things on my mind anyways at that point I was hungry and there were no fries and I did not want to have any change when I got to Thailand because I couldn’t exchange it and there was a guy behind me that wanted to order and I was in his way so I picked up my drink and went to a table. About 2 hours later I got up to look around and I went to a shop and decided to buy something. All glory goes to the Lord for this because if I hadn’t of bought anything I wouldn’t have realized my wallet was missing. So I called my mom like any 20 year old does when they’ve lost something. I went back to McDonalds and the lady whose register I lost the wallet at said something to the point of ‘oh you lost your mind are you crazy.’ Apparently they had called my name over the intercom but they had called me Nicole which is my middle name…but it wouldn’t have mattered because I wasn’t listening anyways. Probably reading or talking to Tony or my parents. Okay so now I’m sitting at a table thanking the Lord for getting me this far! Right now the terminal is really crowded so I’m sharing a table with two Asian men…haha their Chinese food looks amazing! Especially since all I’ve had today has been a rice crispy treat and a dr. pepper. I know God works everything together for his good and I’m glad that he’s given me the faith to trust in Him. James 2:22, “You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works.”   ….and the adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment