Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Continued

So as I was getting excited about  getting my boarding pass for Taipei something happened: 
 I was the first one in line and I was glad to finally be getting out of LA. When I walked up to the counter I put my carry-on bag on the scale and it was about 4 pounds over the weight it needed to be and he said that I needed to fix it so I told him to take the next people while I figured it out. After I had appropriated the weight to both my backpack and my suitcase, the people in front of me were not given boarding passes because I think (as much as I understand Chinese ;) and hand motions) they didn’t have the visa they needed. I felt so bad but also glad that it wasn’t me worrying about that. When it was my turn I put it back on the scale and it was over a pound and a half so I was going to pay the penalty for having a luggage overweight and THEN bom bom bom (for effect)….he called another lady over and she explained to me that my flight from Taipei to Bangkok had been cancelled. I was like oh my goodness I’m going to be stuck in LA forever and I’m never going to get to see my parents again…I was overreacting just a little bit. The lady then asked me to follow her. She then explained to me that I was going to get on a Thai Airways flight that leaves at 11:20 tonight on Saturday and would arrive in Bangkok at 6:20 on Monday so I was like awesome! I also received a $20 voucher to use at any restaurant! And God works in mysterious ways there was another woman that was also going to be on that flight and after the airlines lady had explained everything to us she left us for a little bit to get us our ticket for Thai Airways and guess what?! She was Lao! Her family was also there. So I got to talk with this lady! She’s actually lived in Thailand longer than she lived in Laos and now she lives in San Diego. Her name is Nataalia. I was so excited I got to talk to her family and I impressed them with my Lao (the three words that I know). And then they left and I got to talk to her for a while but I’m so excited because we have a flight from LA to Bangkok together! I can’t wait to see what God does through this trip! He’s already worked in amazing ways! Therefore because of this I would ask you that you would pray for Nataalia and for myself the courage to tell her about Jesus! *Right now your reading after I’ve already taken the flight with Nataalia but I know God already knows the prayers of his people and if you would pray for her even after it has already happened but that you would pray right now that I would be God’s instrument. And also if you could pray for Nataalia that God would unveil her eyes to his glory. 2 Corinthians 2:14-17,”But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God’s word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.” ….and the adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment